Friday, January 8, 2016

Packing.



T-minus 5 days to departure, and as you can see, my suitcase is not yet packed. But not to worry, I have everything that I need laid out it my room, it just hasn’t made it into the suitcase yet!


Although it is a large suitcase, I only have so much room to fit my belongings, so I need to be strategic on what to bring and what to leave behind. There is no room for something useless or something I will use only once. Also when you are traveling, it is more enjoyable to pack light – why carry extra baggage if you don’t need to?

MY PACKING LIST:

First I will put in a sweater of confidence to keep me warm on those chilly days when I feel like I just can’t do it. 


Second, a pair of pants with one pocket filled with excitement, and the other, joy.


Third, adrenaline socks to wear with my shoes because I know the first day I get there I will be very weary from traveling, but will still need energy to get through orientation. 


A dress of adventure.  A necklace of a “I’ll try it” attitude.  And most importantly, a purse with zippers to fill with the many lessons I will learn along the way.


A Spanish dictionary to equip myself for a semester filled with hearing and speaking Spanish. A host gift for my Spanish family to show my appreciation of allowing me to stay in their home.


A scarf of excitement to wrap around me on my travels. Journals to write down my thoughts and experiences, and pictures of the people I love to remember that back home they are praying for me and already proud of me.


Anxiety, fear, loneliness, homesickness…I know these belongings may find their way into the small pockets of my carry-on, but they are not to be intentionally put into my main load.  I do not want these dragging me down in an already full suitcase!


Last but not least, God will be the steady and unfailing handle of my suitcase, carrying all my weight along throughout my journey.


That is all for now as I prepare for departure, stay tuned!


Leave a comment and help me out! What should I make sure to pack? What should I make sure to leave out?

God bless,
Sarah 








No comments:

Post a Comment