Saturday, January 2, 2016

A new adventure

I am moving into my spring semester of my sophomore year at the U of M, and embarking on my study abroad experience to Toledo, Spain. I leave on the thirteenth of January and return at the end of April. I will be taking all Spanish classes to fulfill my Spanish Studies minor. My goals are to improve my Spanish speaking skills as well as be immersed in a new culture by living with a host family, taking Spanish classes, traveling throughout Spain and interacting with the people of Toledo. As I prepare for my trip, I am filled with excitement, but also very nervous. Being away from Minnesota, from familiarity, from family and friends for this long will be very challenging for me, but I know that all the challenges I may experience with being away from home will be worth it. My prayer is that this experience allows me to grow as a person and grow closer to Christ as I trust in Him like never before.


I appropriately named this blog One Chance because this is my one chance to study abroad for an entire semester, and to live in Spain as a student abroad for nearly four months. Following the theme of my already established One Strength blog, I also have a theme Bible verse from Joshua 1:9:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”


I am so blessed to have the opportunity to study abroad for an entire semester, and I know that God will be with me during all my adventures, in the good and the bad, from beginning to end.


Here’s to a new adventure, Spain here I come. Join me by keeping up and reading my posts about my adventures. I will try and update this blog as much as possible, as well as continue to write to my One Strength blog. Your prayers for my preparation and safe travels are much appreciated.


God bless,
Sarah



1 comment: