Wednesday, January 13, 2016

All packed and ready!




Today I officially embark on my study abroad trip as I hop on my flight to Madrid, Spain. Well actually I have a layover in Philadelphia and then head to Madrid. From there we will take a bus to Toledo where I will be spending my next three months!


My emotions have been scattered throughout this final week before my departure. I have been anywhere from very nervous and anxious, to ready to go and excited, but it has overall been good. I have had quality time with family and friends (it is going to be sooooo hard to say final goodbyes), and God has really worked this week as well throughout my thoughts and emotions upon departure. Now, I feel ready and I feel strong in Him.


Although today marks the day of my departure, this journey has already started and been a long time coming. Throughout this pre-departure season, I have learned to accept that there will be many challenges to face coming up, but they will be the good kind of challenges – ones where I will grow so much that I wouldn’t want the situation to be any other way. I have learned to dive in head first, fully trust in God, and to not be scared. Most of all, I have come to further understand what it means to be excited in a “I know this is going to be a once in a lifetime experience” kind of way.


Next time I will be writing from Spain!

Until then,


Sarah Hess 

1 comment:

  1. May you be strong and courageous, for You, Lord, will be with Sarah wherever she goes!

    Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete