Monday, February 1, 2016

A little supermarket adventure

As I might have said before, I basically do something new every day. Even simple things, such as going to the supermarket, can be an adventure. This is one simple experience that I would like to talk about and share to this blog because I thought it was interesting and kind of comical as well!

On Saturday, January 16th, Javi and I traveled to the supermarket before we went to go pick up Carmen in the “pueblo” – the town where María Jesús mother lives. The supermarket is very similar to the U.S. supermarkets, but one thing is very different. The fish. I know that many other countries have this as well (and maybe some places in the U.S., I am not sure), but since I have not been out of the United States, I have not seen fish in the supermarket like this!





All the fish here are fish from the sea. Javi asked me if at home I have fish like this, and I said no. He asked how I get my fish then, and I said that my dad likes to go fishing on lakes. I told him there are a lot of lakes where we live, and that is where we catch all our fish to eat for dinner! He laughed and said that there are no lakes around here, and they get all their fish from the supermarket. How interesting!








Near the end of our supermarket trip, Javi picked up a jar of peanut butter for me. He says that he doesn’t like it, but he knew that a lot of people in the United States eat peanut butter all the time. The peanut butter here tastes a little different, but it is still good. I put it on my toast in the morning!


Sorry for the short and not so interesting post, but I thought I would share!



Until next time,
Sarah :) 

(Side note: My name in Spanish is the same, but usually spelled Sara and said just a little bit different using a Spanish accent. So when I tell other people my name here they don't give me a weird face and can pronounce it well. Although my American accent, redish/blonde hair and very pale skin, and my backpack when I am walking to school usually give me away and they can all tell I am an American - oh well.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment